Sunday, November 13, 2011

Exciting News

I have some exciting news for you today - as of today I am one of the new contributors to the A Muse Challenge blog, I won't be hosting for a while, but in the meantime I get to play along with all the challenges

They haven't gone easy on us newbies this week though - the first challenge is metal embossing - which would be fine if I had any embossing plates or pads for my big shot. Still, I figure many of you will be in the same position so I had a go with what I do have, heavy duty aluminium foil (tin foil for those of you in England), stamps and fingers!  Here's what I came up with:




You see the first thing that came to mind when I read the challenge, was how cool it would be to use the harlequin embossing plate to create a textured background, as I said I don't have that - BUT I do have the harlequin background stamp, so I tore of a piece of heavy duty foil,slightly bigger than the stamp, keeping it as flat as possible, laid it over the upturned stamp and gently rubbed it with my fingers - you won't believe how easy it was to get a decent image.

Because even the heavy duty foil is still quite thin, and also difficult to cut neatly, I wrapped it around a piece of 4" x 5 1/4" card before attaching it to the base.  The green shimmer provided the perfect contrast to the silver foil and a die cut snowflake completes the card. The hardest part was taking the picture, I just couldn't get a picture that was colour true without too much reflection in the aluminium foil.

Well, now you've seen my attempt at metal embossing, why not have a go yourself, and do share it with us on the challenge blog - there is a prize to be won.

All supplies with the exception of the aluminium foil are from Amuse Studio and are available here

stamps: harlequin background
paper: onyx, sugar, grass shimmer, heavy duty aluminium foil
misc: snowflake die

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...